Vice President, Investments - New York, NY or Philadelphia, PA
Open, preferably New York or Philadelphia
Chief Investment Officer
ShopOne Centers REIT, Inc. is a leading owner and operator of high-quality, open-air shopping centers throughout the United States. The Company's portfolio consists of more than 3.0 million square feet of open-air shopping centers in market-dominant locations that are supported by a diverse mix of highly productive non-discretionary and value-oriented retailers. Headquartered in New York City, ShopOne has an opportunity for a highly-motivated, experienced and well organized individual to join its seasoned team of entrepreneurial minded real estate professionals. Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the candidate will be responsible for sourcing, underwriting, and executing new grocery-anchored shopping center acquisitions in major U.S. markets and assisting in the execution of ShopOne’s capital recycle and disposition strategy. The candidate must be highly analytical and have direct experience in leading the acquisition due diligence process, with a demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of internal management, as well as the national brokerage and property owner community. ShopOne is headquartered in New York and has regional offices in Philadelphia, Tampa, and Toledo. The geographic home office location for the right candidate is flexible but preference is for New York or Philadelphia.
• In collaboration with the Chief Investment Officer, source, review, underwrite, negotiate and lead the due diligence process for new Acquisition and Disposition related Investment transactions.
• In conjunction with an in-house analyst, oversee the underwriting and preparation of Investment Memoranda for Acquisition and Disposition Investment transactions, effectively communicating support for underwriting assumptions with ShopOne senior management and joint venture partners.
• Lead the due diligence process across all aspects of Acquisition and Disposition Investment transactions, including physical, financial, legal and operational due diligence.
• Assist in gathering and evaluating economic, demographic and market data, including rent comparables and sales comparables during the acquisition underwriting process.
• Create, maintain, grow and foster relationships with the national brokerage community, to assist in facilitating the sourcing and completion of acquisition and disposition investment transactions.
• Supervise current analytical support on Investments and Finance teams.
• Review and assist as needed in generating financial analyses utilizing Excel and Argus Enterprise, including cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, business, accounting or economics
• 5-7 years of experience in a relevant acquisitions related or institutional investment transaction role, specific experience with retail real estate preferred
• Strong technical financial modeling aptitude with in-depth knowledge of common underwriting practices and return metrics
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, and Argus Enterprise
• Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative information and creatively determine a solution
• Self-motivated with a strong willingness to learn new concepts
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
• Works well in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills necessary to effectively interact with senior management, joint venture partners, the national brokerage community and other property owners
To apply, please send a resume to info@ShopOne.com
Visit LinkedIn job postings: