Property Accountant - New York, NY
ShopOne Centers REIT, Inc.
New York, NY
Chief Financial Officer
ShopOne Centers REIT, Inc. owns and manages grocery-anchored and necessity-based shopping centers across the United States. The company has a self-managed, fully integrated operating platform led by an experienced management team. ShopOne, is seeking a seasoned, team-oriented Property Accountant. We are looking for a hard-working individual who embraces responsibility and excels in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Property Accountant is responsible for the financial oversight and direction of the property accounting functions. The Property Accountant will provide leadership in business planning and execution of the operating budget for the company. This position will be responsible for the preparation of financial reporting and analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage and/or perform accounting and financial reporting functions including month end close, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial packages
• Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual debt reporting/compliance
• Analyze cash flow, cost controls and expenses and effectively communicate to other management to identify areas for improvement/action
• Assist in the cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability and the maintenance of minimum required cash balances
• Manage and approve CAM reconciliations
• Respond to tenant inquiries regarding CAM calculations and accounts receivable balances
• Assist in the Preparation of budgets by establishing schedules, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
• Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
• Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
• Collaborate with external accounting firms in completion of annual audit and tax filings
• Other ad hoc requests from internal and external stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
• CPA a plus, but not required
• MRI experience a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Real Estate accounting
• Experience in budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling and analysis a plus
• Proven track record of success in achieving deadlines and completing projects
• Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills to identify and reason through complex issues, recommend and implement solutions
• Entrepreneurial self-starter, strong work ethic, "sleeves rolled up", and able to dig into the details
To apply, please send a resume to info@ShopOne.com.