Assistant Construction Coordinator - Toledo, OH and New York, NY
Assistant Construction Coordinator
Toledo, OH and New York, NY
VP, Property Management
- Minimum associate degree in project management or in a construction-related field, architecture or civil engineering
- 1+ years of recent project coordination work experience to include interfacing with clients & contractors to implement project timing within a corporate/retail setting
- Strong understanding of construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts
- Assistant Construction Coordinator must have the ability to understand/interpret construction plans and specifications
- Strong problem solving to complete tasks within a deadline-driven environment
- Strength in personal interaction to work well with contractors, consultants and tenants in the construction efforts
- Organized approached to project planning and implementation
- Must be a self-starter, adept at taking initiative, and able to handle multiple tasks in parallel
- Assistant Construction Coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must be willing to travel 1-2 days/week and work flexible hours as needed
- Provide leasing support in the timely processing and resolution of tenant space configurations, design packages, recommendations and approval of tenant work, and coordination.
- Assist with the maintenance and updating of leasing plans and the verification of Lease Outline Documents (L.O.D.’s)
- Provide assistance to Leasing with regard to determining scope of Tenant’s Work that will achieve the Landlord acceptable design standard. Communicate and collaborate with tenants and their consultants in a timely and effective manner as necessary.
- Assist Leasing through the development and coordination of design concepts that promote the leasability and viability of unique tenant programs and spaces.
- Coordinate the communication and the submission design and construction documents as required to support attaining Required Opening Dates and/or compliance with the Project Construction Completion Timeline.
- Maintain consistent and thorough communication with tenants, property management and leasing to insure that all parties are properly informed.
- Distribute Design and Construction document reviews within the required timeframes. Assist in maintaining overall compliance by the department.
- Insure that Property Management has received all corporate communication pertaining to the construction of each tenant space and is prepared to conduct a pre-construction meeting.
- Coordinate and manage the performance of any lease required Landlord Work. Assist in the coordination of outside vendors as needed to facilitate the timely completion of this work.
- Collaborate with the General Contractors regarding the performance of Tenant Work providing direction and assistance as necessary. Insure that properties maintain and issue status reports on a weekly basis as necessary.
- Review and approve Construction Allowance Releases.
- Visit each assigned property as needed to properly coordinate tenant construction activity and maintain ample familiarity with assigned properties.
- Skill in commercial retail construction cost estimating
- Software use of MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD programs
To apply, please send a resume to info@ShopOne.com