Analyst, Investments - New York, NY
ShopOne Centers REIT, Inc.
New York, NY
Chief Investment Officer
ShopOne Centers REIT, Inc. (“ShopOne”) is a leading owner, operator and manager of high-quality shopping centers in the United States. In March of 2022, ShopOne announced the formation of a joint venture with global private markets investment manager Pantheon and a leading global institutional investor to acquire institutional quality shopping centers based in key growth markets across the United States. The venture has a total investment capacity of nearly $1 billion and targets necessity-based and value-oriented grocery-anchored centers. Since its formation in 2022, the joint venture has acquired more than 1 million square feet of new retail shopping centers, with an aggregate value of more than $300mm. ShopOne is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Analyst to join its investments team.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the Analyst will support senior team members in all investment activities. The Analyst’s primary role will be to prepare and recommend detailed financial analysis and investment memoranda with supportive market research to senior team members. In addition, this position will be responsible for facilitating the due diligence investigation of under contract shopping centers and prepare documentation on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the proposed deal.
• Perform financial analyses utilizing Excel and Argus software, including cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses
• Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and market data, including rent comparables and sales comparables
• Collect, organize, review, and summarize property diligence reports, leases, legal documents, financial and operating information, property condition reports, and other materials
• Assist in the preparation of Investment Memoranda for potential acquisitions and dispositions, effectively communicating support for underwriting assumptions
• Interact with Sellers, Buyers, and Brokers to assist in facilitating the efficient completion of acquisition and disposition transactions
• Perform ad hoc analyses to assist the Finance and Accounting teams, including financial reporting, preparation of presentation materials for management meetings, and the evaluation of large sets of portfolio level data
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience
• Basic knowledge of commercial real estate finance and leasing concepts
• Strong technical financial modeling aptitude with an understanding of common underwriting practices and return metrics.
• Excellence in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
• Proficiency in Argus Enterprise
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and effective time management
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills necessary to effectively interact with senior management, brokers and other outside parties
To apply, please send a resume to Info@ShopOne.com