Accounting Specialist - Toledo, Oh
ShopOne Centers REIT, Inc.
Chief Financial Officer / Vice President of Lease Administration & Legal
ShopOne Centers REIT, Inc. owns and manages grocery-anchored and necessity-based shopping centers across the United States. The company has a self-managed, fully integrated operating platform led by an experienced management team. ShopOne, is seeking a seasoned, team-oriented Accounting Specialist. We are looking for a hard-working individual who embraces responsibility and excels in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and the Vice President of Lease Administration & Legal, the Accounting Specialist is responsible for working independently to complete daily accounts receivable processing for property level accounts receivable, and all aspects of accounts payable processing.
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable functions ensuring accuracy, timely posting, and timely rent collections.
- Coordinate appropriate cash application of inbound receipts across outstanding rent.
- Coordinate a monthly meeting with the Lease Administration, Leasing, Operations and Accounting teams to make determinations on collection efforts for delinquent accounts.
- Constantly identify recurring processes that can be automated to drive faster posting of rent without sacrificing accuracy.
- Review collections and aging reports.
- Review payments and amounts paid to tenant accounts.
- Research tenant claims of invoice payment and/or discrepancies.
- Oversee maintenance of accounts payable files and records.
- Ensure payments are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pay vendors by monitoring and applying discount opportunities, scheduling, and preparing checks, and resolving invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Interface with appropriate departments to secure proper payment approvals.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries regarding invoices, expenses, and check requests.
- Process weekly account payable check runs through MRI.
- Process property real estate tax payments.
- Prepare and process annual 1099 forms.
- Assist CFO and Vice President of Lease Administration & Legal with projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance desirable
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in Real Estate Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, or related field
- MRI, Nexus Payables, and VersaPay experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as experience with other Microsoft-365 applications (Teams, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Strong mathematical skills and written communications skills
- Proven track record of success in achieving deadlines and completing projects
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify and reason through complex issues, recommend, and implement solutions
To apply, please send a resume to Info@ShopOne.com.